- All non-Koreans around the world with a valid passport and no disqualifications for overseas travel may apply (Foreigners who live in Korea and Koreans with foreign nationality may also apply)
- How to Apply
- Write an essay about hidden or famous attractions that you want to see and the reason why you want to visit Korea. (The essay should introduce the tourist attraction included in a two-night-three-day itinerary and the Korean culture you want to experience firsthand)
- The essays may be written in 11 different languages broadcast by KBS World Radio
- Application Form : Download the application form from the KBS World Radio website and save it as 'language_applicant's name'
(The language may be abbreviated as K for Korean, E-English, C-Chinese,
J-Japanese, G-German, F-French, S-Spanish, R-Russian, A-Arabic, I-Indonesian,
- Video and audio content, webtoons or sketches may also be attached to the written essay.
(Video and audio content should be less than two minutes long and include the narration script if needed)
- Send in the essay through e-mail(email@example.com) or postal mail (Yeongdeungpo-gu Yeoido-dong 18 KBS World Radio Seoul, Korea 150-790)
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must be sent in from June, 1 ~ July, 15
(All postage must be received by July, 15)
- Essays will be judged based on originality and creativity, as well as how informative the content is.
- Winners will be announced August 27, 2012
- One Grand Prize winner will win an all expense paid six-day seven-night stay in Korea including round trip airfare
- Second-Place Prize : 1 Person
- Third-Place Prize : 1 Person
- Fourth-Place Prize : 8 People
- Other Participants : Approximately 100 People
- Please Note
- Please include video or audio content on CD if sending through postal mail.
- The contents must be created by the applicant. Any pictures or video, audio content that is liable to copyright infringement will be excluded from the judging process and the award may be canceled. Essays that won other awards will also be excluded from judging.
- The Grand Prize winner must be able to visit Korea in the last week of September, 2012.