'No S. Koreans Confirmed Dead from Vegas Rampage'

Write : 2017-10-04 13:12:11 Update : 2017-10-04 15:08:30

'No S. Koreans Confirmed Dead from Vegas Rampage'

 The Foreign Ministry said Wednesday that no South Koreans are among those so far confirmed dead in the Las Vegas shooting rampage.

In a press release, the ministry said this has been unofficially confirmed by the South Korean Consulate General in Los Angeles which has checked with officials of Clark County coroner's office in Nevada and the State Department.

The ministry, however, added that calls are still being received through a consular call center and the LA Consulate General regarding any Koreans in the affect area who are not being reached.

The ministry said it will continue to try to confirm the whereabouts of eleven Koreans who can't be reached as of Wednesday morning Korea time. 

Through the consulate general and an emergency task force, the ministry will also verify if any Koreans suffered damages from the Sunday night shooting on the Las Vegas strip which U.S. media have called the worst shooting rampage in modern U.S. history. 

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • print
  • list
  • Top
prev  prev  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next
Internet Radio On-Air Window to KBS WORLD Radio Window to KOREA
Let's Learn Korean (Mobile)
North Korea Inside
More Service
Podcasts
  • Podcasts
  • You can download KBS World Radio News in eleven languages through Podcast KBS Radio Tune

<

4 / 4

>