Defense Ministry Says Max Thunder Drill to Proceed as Planned

Write : 2018-05-16 11:52:46 Update : 2018-05-16 15:40:57

Defense Ministry Says Max Thunder Drill to Proceed as Planned

The Defense Ministry says South Korea and the U.S. will proceed with their annual Max Thunder military exercise as planned despite protest from North Korea. 

The ministry said in a statement that Seoul and Washington are on the same page about the exercise, noting that the air drill is aimed at enhancing pilots’ performances, not at carrying out plan of operations or combat training. 

The statement came shortly after South Korea’s Defense Minister Song Young-moo and U.S. Forces Korea Commander Vincent Brooks held an emergency meeting following the North's abrupt cancellation of high-level inter-Korean talks set to open later in the day. 

Meanwhile, a military official said that U.S. B-52 nuclear bombers have not joined the exercises yet and are unlikely to take part. The two-week long drills kicked off on Friday.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • print
  • list
  • Top
prev  prev  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next
Internet Radio On-Air Window to KBS WORLD Radio Window to KOREA
2018 Inter-Korean Summit
North Korea Inside
청취자 만족도 조사 결과 -E
Let's Learn Korean (Mobile)
More Service
KBS World Radio Mobile
  • KBS World Radio Mobile
  • The new app consolidates KBS World Radio’s news and feature contents with services previously provided through separate apps...

<

1 / 4

>