Menu Content
Go Top

International

White House: Attack Against US Consulate in Libya was Terrorist Attack

Written: 2012-09-21 08:56:57Updated: 2012-09-21 12:10:47

White House: Attack Against US Consulate in Libya was Terrorist Attack

The White House says the deadly attack by armed forces against the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi was clearly an act of terrorism.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters aboard Air Force One on Thursday that “it is self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.”

His remarks reaffirm that last week’s attack was not accidental and instead meticulously planned. U.S. ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other American officials were killed in the assault.

A week ago, Carney said during a news briefing that there was no information that the attack against the U.S. Consulate was premeditated.

.

Editor's Pick

Close

This website uses cookies and other technology to enhance quality of service. Continuous usage of the website will be considered as giving consent to the application of such technology and the policy of KBS. For further details >