Menu Content
Go Top

International

US Court of Appeals Sides with Samsung on Galaxy Nexus Sales Ban Suit

Written: 2012-10-12 08:38:56Updated: 2012-10-12 16:05:08

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has overturned a judge's order banning the sale of Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus smartphone in the U.S.

The court said Thursday that it decided to reverse the ruling and returned the case to the California district court for reconsideration. The court said it concluded that Apple’s claims that the Samsung smartphone infringed on Apple’s “data tapping” patent and resulted in losses for Apple were not convincing.

The court then stressed that Apple must substantially verify its claims that it suffered irrevocable losses due to the Galaxy Nexus and that such losses are directly related to patent infringement.

Earlier in February, Apple filed a suit against Samsung Electronics, claiming the Galaxy Nexus had violated eight patents. In the suit, Apple also said there is a need to ban the sale of the Galaxy Nexus in the U.S. before a court ruling is made, since there is a possibility that Apple could lose potential clients.

Editor's Pick

Close

This website uses cookies and other technology to enhance quality of service. Continuous usage of the website will be considered as giving consent to the application of such technology and the policy of KBS. For further details >